I woke up very early… even for me. Most mornings we’re up at 5:30. This isn’t by choice, but by necessity. This morning, however, I woke up, thirsty, at about 4:45.
I wandered out to the kitchen, bleary-eyed, and got a glass of cool water. I stood there and drank half of it, thought about going back to bed, but realized that I was awake. Wide awake.
My house was still around me. Everyone slept, and I could hear their deep breathing, the rustle of their blankets as they shifted, and in the case of my husband, snoring. I felt like I was in the middle of holding a very deep breath; the sun had yet to rise, and when it did, so would my household.
I came into the living room, gathering the green and white blanked I’d crocheted along the way, and curling it around me. I sank into the depths of my couch cushions, rested my head on the pillow, and opened my curtains just enough to see outside.
The sky was that deep, dark gray just before the sun brightens it; I could see stars, even. The streets were silent. For long minutes I could imagine that I was completely, utterly, and totally alone.
What was going through my head at that early hour? I’d like to say I was thinking thoughts both deep and profound, but I wasn’t. I can’t even say that I was mapping out my day, because that wouldn’t be true, either. I wasn’t thinking about my husband or my kids, my bills or my chores, my errands… nope. None of that. So what was I thinking about….?
I was thinking about Farmville.
Farmville, an application/game on Facebook. I play it. I have my own little virtual farm, with crops and animals and trees and a cottage. I have alien cows, even.
Here I was, with quiet and solitude, sitting in blessed darkness, with nothing to do and no one to interrupt me, and I was thinking about a virtual farm, and plotting out just what and how I was going to plant my virtual crops. And I was serious about it, too. I mean, I had a plan. I could see it all in my head, the layout, the plants, just what it would look like. Serious stuff, that is.
Yup. My husband thinks I’m crazy. But as usual, he doesn’t know what he’s talking about. I prefer to think “special”.
Peace :)

+008.jpg)
2 comments:
That is hilarious!!! I know nothing about Farmville, except for a few ignored requests over the months. I will be sure to stay far away as is sounds like it may be a tad bit addictive.....I have enough of those wonderful addictions.
I just added this web site to my favorites. I really enjoy reading your posts. Thanks!
jeux camion gratuit
Post a Comment