I love to look in the windows of houses. Not in a pervy-wearing-all-black-and-nite-vision-goggles kind of way; more like, if I’m walking by, and you have your curtains open, I’m gonna take a peek.
If the room is empty, I’ll check our your decor. Briefly, of course, since I don’t actually stop to look. I mean, if I saw a dead body or a vampire I might stop, but typically, no. I just glance. I’ll wonder where you got that lamp, why you chose that color combo, have you ever puked on your couch… you know, normal stuff.
If there are people in the room, even just one person, I’ll forget the decor entirely and wonder. Who are you? What’s your name? How long have you lived there do you like it? Then I’ll mosey on, and start making up stories about you and your life; at least, until I come to the next house with the next view of people.
I’m curious by nature. My husband calls it nosey, but he doesn’t know what he’s talking about. So we’ll go with, Jenna has a healthy curiosity about everything and everyone. I just really want to KNOW things.
If you’re windows are open, I figure that if you don’t want people to look in, you at least don’t care if they do. I figure, if you didn’t want anyone to see, then you would shut the curtains. So you don’t mind my passive observance, right? Brief as it is and all.
I know that I have an overactive imagination; I always have. I know that the people I see in the windows of their homes probably don’t really do any of the things I make up for them, but in that moment, it sure feels more real than reality to me.
It’s just fun, I guess. Harmless.
So if you see me passing by one day, and I’m checking you out, don’t be alarmed. Just go back to whatever it was that you were doing; it’s probably way cooler than what I imagine you to be doing!

+008.jpg)
4 comments:
You, my love, are why I spent hundreds of dollars on blinds knowing full well I'd be leaving them here and getting nothing out of them when we move! ;)
Very Funny!!! I kind of do the same thing when I'm going through those neighborhoods with really really huge houses....I want to know what the heck they do for a living and if maybe they want to share ;-)!!! We are one of those houses that always have the blinds open, so come on by!!
I totally do the same thing (and I think people who say they don't are just lying). And when I'm in airports or other crowded places where you have to sit and wait, I like to watch people and, well, listen in on their conversations (you know, if they're being loud!), and try to sort out their life stories based on what I see and hear. It used to drive my ex nuts (but he has no imagination). My daughter does the same thing now!
I love when it is dark and I go for a walk when the Curtains are open and I can see in as passing. It is cool to see how others live.
Post a Comment