My in-laws landed last Sunday nite, or reeeeally early Monday morning, depending on how you look at it. It was my husband’s mother and her sister-in-law (wife of my husband’s father’s brother) who came to visit, and visit they did. They were only here for two days, because they’re storming America by train, and couldn’t stay any longer than that.
So for the past two days we have crammed in about a week’s worth of San Diego tourism.
I am exhausted.
We did- get ready for this, now, deep breath- breakfast on Monday, then we went shopping, and more shopping, and more shopping, then to Old Town, where we did more shopping and lots of walking (I bought some delightful salt water taffy and dark chocolate) and even more sight-seeing, then the beach, all along the pier, then home again, home here to see the offspring, then straight away to dinner at Casa de Pico where we lingered over delicious Mexican food and great conversation, then we were all very tired and ready to fall onto our faces thus we deposited them to their hotel room and me and The Man made our way home.
The next day…. we made what should have been a fifteen minute drive to pick them up in over an hour due to a suicidal jumper on an overpass (she didn’t jump, by the way, but she sure FUBARed traffic), went to breakfast at a Cafe that had been in San Diego since my husband was born (it was passable, not great, Coco’s was better), then more shopping, headed over to Balboa Park where we wandered the Arboretum, ogled the koi, considered going to the museum but instead explored the museum gift shop (where we did more shopping), then off to the San Diego Zoo, arguably the BEST zoo in the world, where we had lunch then took a fantastic bus tour (that was first for me; I was glad to sit and ride and let the wind blow through my hair) where we saw all the highlights and had to deal with none of the walking, then it was off to home so Grandma and Aunt could hang with the offspring some more, then it was to dinner, just Chili’s this time but still delicious all the same, then it was time to deposit them at their hotel while The Man and I headed BACK to the shopping center to pick up a few thank you gifts for them, then it was home and falling into bed, thank the gods for bed and sleep!
I had to take the man to work today, the kids to school, and Grandma and Aunt to the train station.
All in all, a delightful visit. Too short, too short, but we did not get cheated!!
My youngest had a doctor appointment today(she needs glasses) and I had a lot of errands to run, and then the eldest daughter needed to come home (sick; it’s been going around) and I had more errands to run, none of which meant going to the grocery store…
…and because of all the madness of the past two days, I haven’t looked into my fridge, and I am out of milk. This went undiscovered until this evening when The Man went to pour the milk for the dinner. It’s absence was then conspicuous. And I am so tired, I’m rambling and writing in run-on sentences with little regard for coherency.
I guess the day is not yet done. It should be, but alas, it is not.
Can you put apple juice in cereal…? No…? Dang.

+008.jpg)
2 comments:
How about apple juice in apple jacks?
You are a great host. Makes me want to come for a visit.
I once accidentally poured oj in our cereal then dumped it out and added milk but it left an oj taste that was pretty good. So one morning I asked Jet if we should have oj in our cereal instead of milk and he thought we should, so we did, and it wasn't half bad! ;)
Post a Comment